Urbana card uses
Illini Cash debit account
Carry your i‑card and carry less cash! Illini Cash is accepted at
University Housing dining locations,
Campus Recreation facilities, Illini Union retailers, and other locations on campus.
PNC Bank account
Urbana students, you may bank with your i‑card if you open a Virtual Wallet Student account
and link your i‑card to it.
Use your i‑card to access your meal plan, which is provided by Dining Services.
Learn more about meal plan options
or how plans work.
Students who have been assessed the Student Service Fee, and others who have purchased a
membership, may use
Campus Recreation facilities by presenting their i‑card or visitor ID.
Identification and access
Swiping or scanning your i‑card helps identify you for campus services, such as:
- Library use. Students, employees, and many others have borrowing privileges.
- Appointment check-in. Students use i‑cards to check in at McKinley Health Center and other campus units. An i‑card is not proof of medical insurance.
- Door access. Persons receive access as needed. A building's access control manager arranges this service.
Having an i‑card can save you money. There are many discounts available to cardholders in Urbana:
- Athletics event discounts. Full-time students with a valid i‑card may purchase discounted tickets or get in free to some Athletics events.
- Performing arts event discounts. Students who have paid the Krannert fee may buy discounted tickets to Krannert Center concerts, plays, and performances.
- Shopping and service discounts. i‑card Perks are discounts that local merchants offer to i‑card holders.
Students, faculty, and staff with valid i‑cards have free access to all
Champaign‑Urbana Mass Transit District routes and services.
Just show your current i‑card when you board.