Springfield card uses
Campus Cash debit account
Carry your i‑card and carry less cash! Use Campus Cash,
the UIS campus debit account, to pay for:
- Food and beverages. Campus Cash is accepted at dining locations, vending machines, and snack bars.
- Photocopying. Anyone with a valid University of Illinois ID card or value card can use Campus Cash at convenience copiers.
- Printing. Students, faculty, and staff pay for printing at UIS computer labs using Campus Cash. (Students are allotted $25 in printing funds each calendar year.)
- Textbooks and supplies. The UIS Bookstore accepts Campus Cash.
You can check your Campus Cash balance or add money to your account at
icardwallet.uis.edu or by visiting the
PNC Bank account
Springfield students, you may bank with your i‑card if you open a
Virtual Wallet Student account and link your i‑card to it.
Use your i‑card to access your meal plan, which is provided by UIS Food Service. To get a meal plan, complete a Meal Plan Agreement form. Plan terms and conditions [PDF] apply.
Check your meal plan balance at icardwallet.uis.edu
or at the ID Center.
Students assessed the General fee and others who have purchased a membership may use
Campus Recreation facilities by presenting their i‑card.
Identification and access
Swiping or scanning your i‑card helps identify you for campus services, such as:
- Library use. Students, employees, alumni, and others have borrowing privileges at Brookens Library.
- Door access. Persons receive access as needed. A building's access control manager arranges this service.
Having an i‑card can save you money. There are many discounts available to cardholders in Springfield:
- Athletics event discounts. Students receive discounts on Athletics events tickets.
- Performing arts event discounts. Students may buy discounted tickets to events at the UIS Performing Arts Center.
- Shopping and service discounts. i‑card Perks are discounts that local merchants offer to i‑card holders.